As a General Combat Systems Officer (CSO), you’ll monitor, evaluate, and direct flying operations and training programs; develop requirements for equipment and training; and prepare and coordinate budgets. A CSO career will take you all over the world, and make you a part of the most exciting, dangerous missions the Air National Guard is involved in, making it critical that you perform with 100% accuracy.
As a member of the Air Guard, you’ll receive a steady paycheck along with a wealth of other benefits including:
- Career Skills – learn valuable, high-tech skills that can help launch your civilian career
- Serve close to home – with more than 140 Air Guard units in the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, you can serve close to home
- Base Exchange (BX) and Commissary Shopping Privileges
- Eligibility for VA Home Loans
- Free-Space-Available Air Travel
- Military Retirement Plan
- May be eligible for an Enlistment Bonus
- Limited Legal Assistance
- Military Burial Assistance
- Military Clothing Sales Stores
- Military Death Gratuity
- Military Recreation Facilities
- Official Library Service
- Lawful Permanent Residents that join the Air National Guard may be eligible for expedited path to U.S. Citizenship.
As a member of the Air Guard, you'll be eligible for low-cost health insurance for you and your family, along with low-cost life insurance, so you know your loved ones are protected. These Insurances include:
- TRICARE Dental Insurance
The only dental plan sponsored by the Department of Defense (DoD) for National Guard/Reserve sponsors and their families. With the TDP, you will enjoy a nationwide network of more than 65,000 participating dentists, high-quality customer service and comprehensive dental coverage designed specifically with you in mind!
- TRICARE Medical Insurance
Medical Coverage is available in different options necessary to meet the needs of different individuals. From individuals to families insurance is available for those in full time or part time status to ensure coverage is available. Families and Part-time members coverage is offered through TRICARE Reserve Select and is a premium-based health plan available worldwide to Selected Reserve members of the Ready Reserve (and their families) who are not eligible for, or enrolled in the Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB) program.
As a member of the Air Guard, you're eligible to receive educational benefits through the Montgomery G.I. Bill where you could be eligible to receive money for college. This program is a free benefit for all individuals that join for 6 years.
Benefits Provided By State
Alabama Air National Guard members who have served for a period of two years immediately preceding the student qualifying for resident tuition, and who are continuing service in the Air Guard while enrolled at a Alabama public institution of higher education, qualify for in-state tuition.
Alabama Air Guard members get full medical coverage for any injury or illness incurred in the line of duty.
|State Tax Advantage||
Retired Alabama Air Guard members pay absolutely no state taxes on their military retirement pay.