In addition to a steady paycheck and a state-specific compensation plan, all Air Guard members receive the following benefits:
- Learning valuable, high-tech skills that can help launch or enhance your civilian career
- The ability to serve close to home. With more than 140 Air Guard units in the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, you can serve close to home
- Base Exchange (BX) and Commissary Shopping Privileges
- Eligibility for VA Home Loans
- Free-Space-Available Air Travel
- A generous Military Retirement Plan
- An Enlistment Bonus and/or Re-enlistement Bonus (depending on career field and eligibility)
- Limited Legal Assistance
- Access to Military Clothing Stores
- Use of Military Recreation Facilities
- Official Library Service
- Lawful Permanent Residents that join the Air National Guard may be eligible for expedited path to U.S. Citizenship.
- Military Burial Assistance
- Military Death Gratuity
Kansas Air Guard members receive up to 100% tuition assistance to state colleges and universities.
|Injury Death Benefits||
Kansas Air Guard members that are permanently disabled while on state-summoned duty will receive $120 per month in addition to 12.5% of their base pay. Should a Kansas Air Guard member be killed in action on state-summoned duty, the surviving spouse will receive an equal amount, as well as an additional $47-$77 per child per month, and up to $500 for funeral expenses. Children will also receive free tuition at any Kansas state college.
Kansas Air Guard members on state-summoned active duty for 30 days or more may be reimbursed for health insurance premiums.
Kansas state employees get 12 days military leave per year and legal defense for line of duty. Kansas Air Guard members also get exclusive access to distinctive auto plates.
|State Tax Advantage||
Kansas Air Guard members over age 62 are eligible for a $120 tax credit.
Calculate Your Pay
To figure out your estimated basic annual salary, select your pay grade and your time in service. If you have not previously served, select E-1 Airman Basic with “0” years of service
Note: These calculations represent base pay and do not factor in potential income from other sources such as sign-on bonuses, specialty pay and tuition assistance, or non-cash compensation including health care and insurance.